Thursday 14 March 2013

O'sonho = Dream

I can hardly fit into my pants. I refuse to buy new clothes. I love good food. I'm screwed.

But my-god-im-a-father-of-two-now-just-let-me-eat.


I'm sure some human expert (an expert on being human) will tell me that I shouldn't reward myself with food, thus turning myself into an animal, much like giving a dog treats for being a good boy. But oh the treats.



Of which I have many. But on special occasions, I like to treat myself to some Portuguese. Perhaps the only place in Manila you can find Portuguese food would be in O'sonho (o-son-nyo) a Portuguese fusion restobar. My taste buds are always looking for something different and this place does not disappoint. 

(SPOILER ALERT: Coffee Marinated Roast Pork - I die)



O'sonho Portuguese Fusion Restobar
photo courtesy of O'sonho
This is one place where I'm not worried about meeting friends over for dinner. And if you knew my friends you'd know that they are extremely picky eaters. Even the wine douche in our group loves the food here. (yes he's a wine douche but the sweetest one you'll ever meet) Did I mention the Coffee Roasted Pork?

I really love this place. If I was still dating, I'd bring my date here. But now that I'm married, we go to KFC. HAHAHA. (the same human expert will tell me that laughing at my own jokes only brings me closer to insanity.) 


Service is excellent, the interiors are nice and it's the only place where you can get Coffee Roasted Pork. Also, they only use olive oil for cooking so it's healthy too. The food though is not exclusively Portuguese, it's a fusion of that plus Spanish, Filipino and Australian. This combination I think, makes the food more accessible to people of different tastes. The fusion in this case is not a dilution of tastes but an exercise in bringing out only the most essential of flavors from each cooking style. I watch a lot of Master Chef and Top Chef.



O'sonho Portuguese Fusion Restobar
photo courtesy of O'sonho

O'sonho Portuguese Fusion Restobar
photo courtesy of O'sonho

O'sonho Portuguese Fusion Restobar
photo courtesy of O'sonho

O'sonho Portuguese Fusion Restobar
photo courtesy of O'sonho

O'sonho Portuguese Fusion Restobar
photo courtesy of O'sonho

They also have things like Paella Negra, Pasteis de Nata (Portuguese egg tarts), Ciao! Madrid (paella pasta), and Chicken Catalan Picada, among others. And I hear the Portuguese sangria with fresh fruit slices is a hit.


You'll find O'sonho at 20 Jupiter St. Bel Air, Makati (896-3289, 5191148)

4 comments:

  1. No beer???

    Follow my adventures at http://happymommyadventures.blogspot.com/

    ♥Jeanne/Happy Mommy Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @jeanne if you want beer, then beer you shall have! they serve beer and all sorts of other fine drinks to put anyone on the road to alcoholism. Lovely!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I just LOVE their Coffee Roasted Pork... yum!!! Marc, KFC really? jejejeje

    ReplyDelete