Monday 29 September 2014

I am a SAHD boy.

You know, there really should be a study about how stay-at-home dads (SAHD) are perceived in society. Like, what happens when I'm only one of two dads at a school function and the rest are moms? Are they judging me? Are they talking behind my back? Are they judging my wife for not being here? And the most important question of all, do they think they're better than me? Do other dads think they're better than me for going to work instead of staying home and taking care of the kids? Wouldn't you like to know?


My friend Roger is writing a paper on it, but he needs data, hopefully from you. If you're a stay-at-home dad, or a working dad. Or even a stay-at-home mom or a working mom, I hope you can take the time in between laundry duties and bedtime stories to answer his survey. That's his invitation to you below and his link to the survey. Thanks in advance!

Hi, 
My name is Roger Duncliffe and I am looking for participants for my Psychology Graduate Diploma final year project. My research is concerned with people's views on Stay at Home Dads and how they are regarded by society. With the increase in number of men choosing to remain at home to raise their children it is important for us to understand how society considers this change from the more traditional family set-up. 
If you are the parent of a young child under five years of age and identify yourself as either a stay at home father, stay at home mother, working father or working mother then you are eligible to participate. The study will be entirely confidential and the anonymity of participants will be retained by the creation of your own unique username. All information is solely for research purposes and will only be shared with my supervisor. You can withdraw up to 30 days after you have completed the study and there is no obligation to take part. 
Please find the link below which details the nature of the study and provides instructions about the survey. The study should take no longer than 10-15 minutes of your time. 
http://parentingattitudes.weebly.com/ 
Many thanks in advance for your help. 
Roger Duncliffe
Email: dunclifr@lsbu.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment